GWK Bursary For 2023
30 August 2022
Are you studying towards a career options within GWK or scarce skills, such as:
- Agricultural Economists
- Grain Procurers
- Safex traders
The Ben Scholtz bursary fund offers students the opportunity to obtain a qualification in careers available within the GWK Group.
This fund can be used for registration, class and book fees.
Candidates who obtain their qualifications will be considered for vacant positions in GWK.
If a vacancy is not available, the bursary will be converted into a loan to be paid back to the Group.
Closing Date: 31 August 2021
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Good academic record
- Studying or intend on studying in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in SA.
- The bursary only covers registration, class and book fees
- Closing date for application – 31 August
- Feedback regarding successful applications will be provided annually on 31 October
How to Apply
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest exam results (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Course details
- Fees involved in your selected course (including registration fees, tuition and prescribed books)
To apply click here: https://www.gwk.co.za/Bursary
Vodacom Bursary 2023
Closing Date: 31 August 2022
This is an academic Merit Bursary open to fulltime first-year, second-year or third-year students intending to study or are studying towards STEM fields but may lack necessary resources to study further.
If you are a South African Citizen you may qualify for a bursary for full-time studies at our accredited tertiary institutions in one of the following fields of study:
- Information Technology,
- Information Systems,
- Computer Science,
- Computer Engineering,
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering (Light Current only),
- Big Data,
- Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics/Mathematical Sciences,
- Statistics and Digital Marketing.
- Must be a South African citizen by birth
- Must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
- Must pass Grade 12 with exemption, obtaining 70% or higher across all subjects
- Must have obtain a minimum of 65% average or higher if in first year of tertiary and above
- May apply if already in first year (upwards) if studying at an accredited South African tertiary institution and meet all criteria above.
Send you query to : Externalbursaries@vodacom.co.za
- Full university accommodation
- Capped amount – private accommodation
- Full registration and Tuition
- Text book allocation
- Meal allowance
- Orientation workshop for all new students who are accepted on the programme
- Workplace exposure through our structured Vacation Work programme
- Work Readiness skills training to prepare the final year bursars into the world of work
- Full access to our ICAS services
How to Apply
To apply click on the bursary link here: https://www.vodacom.com/bursary-programme.php
Investec Bursary 2023
Closing Date: 31 August 2022
StudyTrust manages several bursaries and scholarships on behalf of trusts, foundations, and private and corporate donors. More information on the various opportunities’ selection criteria is provided on StudyTrust’s website.
Applicants will be asked to identify their first and second preferred bursary/scholarship sponsor, but all applicants will be considered for all opportunities they qualify for.
Applicants are advised to carefully read the eligibility criteria of the various bursaries and scholarships administered by StudyTrust. It will not be possible to submit an application before all requisite information was provided and supporting documents were uploaded.
The information provided and answers to the essay questions asked in the application form will be used to create an individual application profile to be presented to potential sponsors.
Please provide accurate information and thoughtful answers to essay questions.
Ensure that words are spelt correctly, and names and surnames start with capitals.
A bursary application is a request for an investment in your education of up to half a million rand.
Potential sponsors are more likely to select someone for such an investment if they find evidence that an application was completed with care and precision.
- Please describe your personal background and family circumstances.
- Describe your achievements and leadership positions to date (academic, sport, community service, etc.)
- What are your personal strengths and weaknesses?
- How does your choice of study programme relate to your talents, interests and envisaged career?
- Personal Statement. In the light of what you wrote in the above paragraphs, please formulate a personal statement to headline your application profile.
How to Apply
- ID copy / Refugee permit
- Consent form signed – Download
- Mother proof of income / death certificate
- Father proof of income / death certificate
- Guardian proof of income (if applicable)
- Profile picture
- Proof of acceptance / registration
- Proof of address
- National Senior certificate
- Full academic record (if applicable)