1 June 2021
ALL MEMBERS OF THE MEDIA
INVITATION TO THE MUT PRESS BRIEFING
Over the past few weeks, the University has experienced a series of online and offline allegations by various role-players. The University also faced a series of questionable protests whose goalposts kept on shifting despite the executive’s efforts to meet them.
Despite all of the above, the academic agenda is in full force and it is all systems go to complete the academic plan by the end of January 2022. Unfortunately, the University continues to be in the media spotlight with some disinformation.
To tell the University story, Mr Morailane Morailane, Chairperson of the MUT Council, and Professor Marcus Ramogale, Acting Vice-Chancellor & Principal, have scheduled a press conference for Thursday, 3 June 2021 at MUT’s Council Chamber at 12h00, to discuss the following matters:
1. Stability on campus, and headway with the academic agenda.
2. Success with the accreditation of engineering qualifications.
3. Update on the suspended executives.
4. Salary adjustments.
5. Laptop distribution to students, and why some students opted out of the distribution of laptops.
6. Progress with the appointment of the DVC: Resources & Planning.
The University wishes to share all these matters with the press and people of South Africa. Members of the media who wish to join the briefing virtually should email Mufamadi.Azwi@mut.ac.za
Submitted by: Ms Mbali Mkhize
Senior Director: Marketing & Communications