At the meeting held on Friday, 25 January 2019, EMC made the following concessions: –
- All cash paying, final year students will be allowed to register provided that
- They provide a signed letter from the HoD confirming that they have less than 3 subject left to complete their qualification
- The student pays the applicable deposit
- All NSFAS approved students for 2019, who are in their final year, will be allowed to register.
- The bursary awarded students will be allowed to register if they comply with the approved concessions, that is, they will be allowed to register if they owe less than R10 000.
- Students will be allowed to pay deposit for accommodation if they owe less than R10 000.All post-graduate students will be allowed to register irrespective of what they owe.
Regarding the Mathematics Pre-Tech issue, EMC has appointed a Task Team to investigate the matter of pretech students that failed mathematics. The task team will look at the statistics and propose the possible way means to address the matter.
Students who are not registered as yet are urged to use this opportunity.
Vice-Chancellor and Principal