Working under pressure and online; the MUT COVID-19 Task Team has developed a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) document. The SOP was approved by EMC on Wednesday, May 20. The SOP applies to all at MUT, including permanent employees, employees employed on a fixed-term contract, students and interns. The SOP outlines vital aspects such as:
- MUT workspaces and student residences will be cleaned and decontaminated before the return of employees to the workplace from May 2020 onwards and before the return of students.
- Employees will be educated on COVID-19 and correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to them.
- COVID-19 screening will be conducted on everyone entering the MUT premises.
- Social distancing practices shall be practised everywhere on the premises.
- Precautionary and prevention practices must be adopted by everyone on campus.
- Visitors, contractors, tenants and everyone entering the MUT premises shall abide by MUT COVID-19 SOP.
- All government protocols to manage COVID-19 shall be adhered to.
- Employees with comorbidities, pregnant and those age 60 and above will be requested to make a confidential declaration for adjusted work arrangements.
The COVID-19 SOP will be published in due course and training will be provided thereof.