|Dr Michael Shapi||HOD||(0)31 907 email@example.com|
|Phumlile Kunene||Secretary||(0)31 907 firstname.lastname@example.org|
To produce Chemistry graduates of choice, vital to Southern Africaâs needs.
- Providing students with knowledge, skills, values and competencies that create graduates of choice who engage in meaningful and productive careers.
- Developing studentsâ entrepreneurial skills.
- Continuously training staff in the latest technological trends in the chemical industry.
- Building and providing support for research capacity, community engagement, academic excellence of staff and students.
- Strengthening relationships with all stakeholders.
- Continuously developing programmes that will meet the needs of the chemical industry.
- Working ethically, safely and responsibly with due consideration for the environment and for fellow human beings.
- Working as part of a team, or independently, as required by the working environment.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
To provide students with further skills in the field of chemistry, including research.
National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent.
LIST OF SUBJECT EQUIVALENCES
DURATION OF STUDY
One year full time, or two years part-time.
|SEMESTER 1:||Analytical Chemistry IVA|
|Organic Chemistry IVA|
|SEMESTER 2:||Analytical Chemistry IVB|
|Organic Chemistry IVB|
|SEMESTER 3:||Chemistry Project IV|
|Inorganic Chemistry IVA|
|Physical Chemistry IVA|
|SEMESTER 4:||Inorganic Chemistry IVB|
|Physical Chemistry IVB|
WORK INTEGRATED LEARNING